FCE Exam practice (First Certificate)
Use of English
You can find practice exercises for FCE Use of English exam here.
Essential FCE grammar
- So and Such (open cloze)
- Conditionals (key transformations)
- Reported Speech (all parts)
- Perfect Tenses (all parts)
- As/Even + If/Though (open cloze)
- Passives (open cloze + transformations)
- Modals (open cloze + transformations)
- Very/Absolutely etc. (multiple choice)
Vocabulary: Word Formation
- Word Formation - verbs
- Word Formation - negatives
- Word Formation - nouns (-ion)
- Word Formation - nouns (-ance/ence)
- Word Formation - nouns (-ment/ness)
- Word Formation - irregular nouns
- Word Formation - ful/less adjectives
- Word Formation - height, width ...
Vocabulary: Phrasal Verbs
If you are worried about phrasal verbs for the FCE exam, don't be! There are only usually 2 or 3 questions with phrasal verbs (look at some old exams if you don't believe me). So don't panic!
If you are doing the exam in the next few months, you should really be looking at past papers too. There are lots of books which can help you with this.
New FCE Testbuilder: Student Book with Key has practice tests which also teach you why answers are right or wrong. The series Cambridge First Certificate in English gives you real past papers to practise. First Certificate Organiser gives you lots of vocabulary to help with the Use of English paper, as well as the speaking and writing exams. And if you want more grammar and vocabulary practice, Grammar and Vocabulary for First Certificate is probably the book for you!
This page is still under construction, so keep checking for more activities.
Are you a teacher? There isn't much for you about the FCE (first certificate in English) exam on my site yet, but you can find a conversation activity with 40 part 1 speaking questions here: FCE speaking game (part 1). There will be more to come later.